Optimize your press releases
Optimize your press releases - Originally, press releases were a self-promotion tool for companies , both to raise awareness of new products or services , and to provide corporate information to the media
Originally, press releases were a self-promotion tool for companies , both to raise awareness of new products or services , and to provide corporate information to the media.
Although there has been a lot of discussion about their usefulness, press releases can also be a good resource for obtaining useful backlinks to position your website on Google.
If within our communication strategy, we consider the frequent sending of press releases, why not optimize them for SEO ?
You don't need to be an SEO expert to optimize our press releases. Taking into account some points, we can improve our visibility on the Internet .
1.The press release must be at least 500 words long .
2. Keyword . It is about identifying the words with which people will search for us on the Internet and at the same time, are related to our site or product. Obviously, always with your head, you must not abuse the keywords or you will be penalized. Some interesting tools to do this research are the Google Ads keyword planner.
3. Add links to our website . You have to be very careful with the optimized anchor text, remember to include " nofollow " to links that are directed to your website.
4. The title must not exceed 70 characters, in addition, it must include the keyword you want to position.
5. Include a summary of the press release , with two or three keywords, that does not exceed 3 lines in length.
6. Include images and multimedia content . Videos are a good resource to keep users on their page longer, so that they are rated by Google as a quality website.
7. Use social networks . It makes it easier for you to share your content across different social networks and emails.
8. Choose a good news delivery platform with quality content and traffic.
9. Publish quality press releases with interesting and value-adding information.
Obviously, the use of press releases does not replace a valid link building campaign , but it will help improve positioning . In any case, we insist, you must be careful not to include any anchor text optimized for exact keywords , since if not done by very expert hands you risk that they will be considered by Google as unnatural links and this could lead to a penalty.
If you don't understand the terms, take a look at our SEO dictionary .